Monday, October 22, 2012

The attack of the mountain lion



This weekend we were in Boise, ID visiting some of my wife's family. While there, I decided to take advantage of what is called "The Green Belt" and go for a run. The section of the green belt that I ran is a beautiful dirt path that winds along the river through the trees. It was a really beautiful fall morning as you can see from the picture. I love fall, it's my favorite season.



Anyway, I came upon a bridge as I was jogging that had a sign on it. I ignored the sign and ran right past, but the word mountain lion jumped out at me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see what I had ignored. This is what I saw.



I thought about it for a second, but decided to continue forward on my run. Obviously since I am here telling you all this story, I didn't get eaten. I was actually quite disappointed I didn't even get to see him. In talking with my wife's family members, apparently there have been a number of sightings lately in this area. 

So the story has nothing to do with barefoot running, but I still thought it was pretty funny. Happy Monday! Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Don’t waste your time chasing materialistic things, spend quality time with your loved ones while you still have the chance bcoz you never know whats going to happen tomorrow – They might not be there… you might not be there.

    Flights to Entebbe | Cheap Air Tickets to Entebbe

    ReplyDelete